Tuesday, December 1, 2009

I Gots Me Some Strong Boobies!

Howdy fellow bloggies! :D I hope you all are having great Tuesdays. Mine was pretty standard, but good. 


I started the day with a lovely bowl of oats/dried fruit/All the Whey cake batter protein powder and an egg white/veggie sausage omelet. Yum! One of these days I will get better about the whole food picture thing. It would be helpful if I had a nice camera though. The one I have is very basic and takes food pictures for crap. Moving on....


Then I spent most of the day playing with my baby girl. She is still fighting the congestion junk and I wanted to keep her out of the gym daycare again. We headed to the doctor this afternoon to check and be sure she wasn't getting any sort of ear infection from her recurring snot issues. Luckily, she isn't. The doc just said "it's that time of year". Thanks. So insightful. I am hoping so hard that she wakes up better tomorrow. I miss going to the gym in the morning!


I did still get my workout in today by going this afternoon/early evening. Had a decent enough workout. I trained chest and shoulders and did some stepmill madness. Hit a PR on barbell bench, or at least post baby PR since I can't really remember what I was lifting before then. I was hoping for a PR on incline dumbbell bench too, but I still can't get those dang 40's up! GAR! I know I could get 4-5 reps out of it if I could only get them up to start. Yea, yea, yea. Ask someone for a spot. I'll see if I reach that point, but for the time being I don't really know/like/trust many of the people at this new gym. I like the gym, just haven't really buddied with any of the fellow members. I also was a little bummed with my shoulders weight. Before I did shoulders with legs and was getting 30's for overhead presses. Today since they were done after working my chest some I could notice the fatigue and was only able to get 25's. Overall, though, I liked having solely legs yesterday and will keep my split this way. 


Bummer about having to makeup my workout this afternoon was I didn't get the chance to decorate our tree like I hoped. It's (not really) beginning to look a lot like Christmas in our house. *tear* Thank goodness for holiday music to satisfy my festive mood. I WILL get that tree decorated tomorrow. Okay, I guess that is enough of my rambling for tonight ;) Time to wait for So You Think You Can Dance or The Biggest Loser to come on. I prefer not to watch Obama and just read about his speeches. 


Recap Day 4
Cardio = 30 min Stepmill
Fat Burner Level 12
Training = Chest/Shoulders
BB Bench = 75# x 12, 85# x 10, 95# x 8, 100# x 6, 105# (!!) x 5
Incline DB Bench = 35's x 8 x 4 sets
Cable Crossover = 17.5#/side x 8 x 3 sets
Overhead DB Press = 25's x 8 x 4 sets
Side Lateral Cable Raise = 7.5#/side x 8 x 3 sets


Diet = healthy, balanced, good portions - check!
Water = 3.5 Liters


Prayer/Devotional Time = check! Being more regular with this is SO making a difference. Tomorrow, though, I need to be sure my devotional time includes some preparing for Sunday's class lesson and discussion. 

4 comments:

  1. Hahaha your post title CRACKS ME UP. I am one of those girly girls who is a little wimpy about strength training, but I did like 50 minutes of it today and I felt amaaaaaazing afterwords!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dig the title too :) LOL

    You are VERY strong! And you look tiny! Tiny and strong is awesome :) I will get there one day.

    And I am with you. I cannot hardly do shoulders after chest. A few weeks ago I did chest/tris on one day and then shoulders the next. Couldnt do a dang thing on shoulders. It was not even the same day but my tris were so weak that I couldnt stabilize the presses.

    Do you do your cardio BEFORE lifting or AFTER? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was wondering where your title was going haha!

    I'm actually excited that I can life as much as on you shoulder presses--simply bc I look up to you and your awesomeness! Nice job lady.

    Oh, by the way, I'm reading The Lost Symbol. I was so tempted to read last post. I held myself back though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lele - Thanks for visiting. I'll check out your blog as well. And I love weight training!

    Krissa - always AFTER. Otherwise I would have no energy. LOL

    Lisa - Woo! My shoulders have always been weaker. Poo. I want to get them stronger, which I guess means maybe I should train them separate from other upper moves. Hmmm...decisions, decisions.

    ReplyDelete